Your guide for a memorable Union Square Experience.
- Discover our History – Join us for a special tour of our iconic hotel. Tours begin at our famous Magneta Clock (located in the Landmark Lobby) on Saturday mornings from 11:00 am—12 noon. Please RSVP via e-mail to: Ms. Michelle Dang, Guest Services Manager, Michelle.Dang@westin.com. ***Space is limited and tour is for registered guests of the St. Francis only. Now Celebrating 115 Years of History On Union Square.
- History & Tradition Ring True at The Westin St. Francis – Since the hotel’s grand debut on March 21, 1904, The Westin St. Francis, renowned for historical elegance and old world grandeur, has held a special place in hearts and minds throughout the world. “Meet me under the clock!” This time-honored refrain has echoed throughout the halls of The Westin St. Francis for more than a century. Built in 1856, the Great Magneta Clock made an arduous steamer trip from Europe around Cape Horn in 1907, and was officially dedicated on November 30, 1907. This Viennese timepiece introduced to the West, and was installed in its place of honor in the grand lobby following the hotel’s recovery from The Great 1906 San Francisco Earthquake.
- Play Well – Marriott Bonvoy™ is the new name for our combined loyalty programs including Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG®. Marriott Bonvoy means good travel — this idea guides everything that we do. That’s why we’re creating a world of travel opportunities, centered on you. Marriott Bonvoy is a new perspective on what you already know and expect: unparalleled member benefits and recognition. Marriott Bonvoy connects you to new experiences in extraordinary places. Click here to learn more: https://members.marriott.com/
- Move Well – RUNWESTIN™ Keep Your Pace! Running in a new city can be difficult. We encourage you to join a Run Concierge for a scenic three– or five-mile run along the waterfront. Meet us under The Magneta Clock located in the Landmark Building at 6am every Tuesday.
- Feel Well – From the moment you arrive our lush vertical garden and signature white tea scent help you reset and get ready for a great stay ahead.
- Sip & Savor – Clock bar 4:00 pm—2:00 am; Food served from 4 pm—11 pm.The only San Francisco cocktail lounge created by Michelin star-winning Chef Michael Mina. Happy Hour 4:00 pm—6:00 pm.
- Sleep Well – Dogs love to sleep in! Dogs up to 40lbs. are welcome anytime. Four-legged friends will be provided with a comfy Westin dog bed, good and water bow for use during their stay. Allow us to pamper the pooch!
- Unwind – Chateau Montelena Tasting Room, Open daily from 1:00 pm—8:00 pm; Located just off the Landmark Lobby, guests have the opportunity to taste and purchase a wide selection of wines from this esteemed winery.
- Work Well – Looking for a fabulous wedding venue? Our newly renovated space “St. Francis Heights” atop the 32nd floor of the Tower is the ideal space for your dream wedding! Choose from two spectacular rooms Mission Bay or Golden Gate, boasting floor to ceiling windows and a breathtaking 360 degree view. Contact our Wedding Specialist Jenevieve Beaulieu. P 415.774.0450 M 415.725.1104 F 415.403.6891.
- Eat Well – Join us in The Oak Room Restaurant – Traveling well and eating well can go hand in hand. The holidays are exciting at The Westin St. Francis! Start booking your room and making dining reservations soon for Christmas and New Years.
- Cable Car Special Cable cars were invented by Andrew Smith Hallidie here in San Francisco in 1873. Since the hotel opened in 1904 we have been privileged to have the Powell Street cable car stop at our front door! In honor of these iconic cars and their San Francisco history—Caruso’s is proudly featuring: San Francisco’s classic Cable Car cocktail, Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Orange Curacao, lemon juice, simple syrup served with a cinnamon crusted rim.