Your guide for a memorable Union Square Experience.
- Discover our History – Join us for a special tour of our iconic hotel. Tours begin at our famous Magneta Clock (located in the Landmark Lobby) on Saturday mornings from 11:00 am—12 noon. Please RSVP via e-mail to: Ms. Michelle Dang, Guest Services Manager, Michelle.Dang@westin.com. ***Space is limited and tour is for registered guests of the St. Francis only. Now Celebrating 115 Years of History On Union Square.
- History & Tradition Ring True at The Westin St. Francis – Since the hotel’s grand debut on March 21, 1904, The Westin St. Francis, renowned for historical elegance and old world grandeur, has held a special place in hearts and minds throughout the world. “Meet me under the clock!” This time-honored refrain has echoed throughout the halls of The Westin St. Francis for more than a century. Built in 1856, the Great Magneta Clock made an arduous steamer trip from Europe around Cape Horn in 1907, and was officially dedicated on November 30, 1907. This Viennese timepiece introduced to the West, and was installed in its place of honor in the grand lobby following the hotel’s recovery from The Great 1906 San Francisco Earthquake.
- Play Well – Marriott Bonvoy™ is the new name for our combined loyalty programs including Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG®. Marriott Bonvoy means good travel — this idea guides everything that we do. That’s why we’re creating a world of travel opportunities, centered on you. Marriott Bonvoy is a new perspective on what you already know and expect: unparalleled member benefits and recognition. Marriott Bonvoy connects you to new experiences in extraordinary places. Click here to learn more: https://members.marriott.com/
- Move Well – RUNWESTIN™ Keep Your Pace! Running in a new city can be difficult. We encourage you to join a Run Concierge for a scenic three– or five-mile run along the waterfront. Meet us under The Magneta Clock located in the Landmark Building at 6am every Tuesday.
- Feel Well – From the moment you arrive our lush vertical garden and signature white tea scent help you reset and get ready for a great stay ahead.
- Sip & Savor – Clock bar 4:00 pm—2:00 am; Food served from 4 pm—11 pm.The only San Francisco cocktail lounge created by Michelin star-winning Chef Michael Mina. Happy Hour 4:00 pm—6:00 pm.
- Sleep Well – Power Down and Sleep Well by enjoying our Westin Sleep Well Menu items, now available 24- hours a day, seven days a week. Recommended by the experts at SuperFoodsRx™, the items on the Westin Sleep Well Menu are packed with amino acids, vitamins and minerals that promote rest and recovery so you can easily fall into sound slumber , adjust to a new time zone, recover from a hectic day of travel or prepare for an active day ahead.
- Unwind – Chateau Montelena Tasting Room, Open daily from 1:00 pm—8:00 pm; Located just off the Landmark Lobby, guests have the opportunity to taste and purchase a wide selection of wines from this esteemed winery.
- Work Well – Looking for a fabulous wedding venue? Our newly renovated space “St. Francis Heights” atop the 32nd floor of the Tower is the ideal space for your dream wedding! Choose from two spectacular rooms Mission Bay or Golden Gate, boasting floor to ceiling windows and a breathtaking 360 degree view. Contact our Wedding Specialist Jenevieve Beaulieu. P 415.774.0450 M 415.725.1104 F 415.403.6891.
- Eat Well – Join us in The Oak Room Restaurant – Traveling well and eating well can go hand in hand. Recharge with our selection of delicious SuperFoodsRx dishes, packed with powerful nutrients to energize and fuel your day. Cable Car Special Cable cars were invented by Andrew Smith Hallidie here in San Francisco in 1873. Since the hotel opened in 1904 we have been privileged to have the Powell Street cable car stop at our front door! In honor of these iconic cars and their San Francisco history—Caruso’s is proudly featuring: San Francisco’s classic Cable Car cocktail, Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Orange Curacao, lemon juice, simple syrup served with a cinnamon crusted rim.
- Around Town – July 4th at THE PIER – Witness the skies sparkle red, white and blue as PIER 39 celebrates Independence Day with a day of fun for the whole family! Start your day with live entertainment on the Entrance Plaza Stage featuring Mustache Harbor — Yacht Rock Explosion from 3-6pm. At approximately 9:30pm, look to the sky for the City & County of San Francisco’s spectacular fireworks display. Free. “Sunday Streets” Huge Block Party | Mission, is San Francisco’s official block party– a sorta -monthly roving neighborhood celebration and five-hour street party where the streets are closed to vehicles, so pedestrians, roller skaters, bicyclists, and yogis take over the streets for an afternoon. Sundays through October 20th 11am-4pm. San Francisco Marathon Weekend Sunday, July 28—the 42nd annual running of the San Francisco Marathon (Full Marathon, 1st Half Marathon, 2nd Half Marathon, 5K and Ultra marathon) will fill San Francisco’s streets. Enjoy waterfront miles along the Embarcadero, Fisherman’s Wharf, and Crissy Field; Golden Gate Bridge; Coit Tower, Golden Gate Park, and Oracle Park; and pound the pavement through San Francisco’s liveliest neighborhoods like Haight-Ashbury and The Mission. Outside Lands Music festival, August 9 – 11, Outside Lands features an amazing lineup of 70 music artists and great food at Golden Gate Park. Polynesian festival, August 17, Celebrate the Pacific Islands at Aloha Poly Fest, with entertainment, craft booths, cultural demonstrations, food vendors, and a kids’ zone at Marina Green. Free. Film festival, August 23 – 31, multiple locations California Independent Film Festival “celebrates diversity, human rights, and freedom of expression through an array of dramatic and comedic feature films, shorts, and moving documentaries” in San Francisco, Moraga, and Orinda.