Nestled in the heart of the city – the only hotel on Union Square – The Westin St. Francis offers a legendary address for exploring the City by the Bay. Discover a wide range of exciting events near our Oracle Park Hotel – including cable car tours, museum exhibits, theater, and live musical performances. And there’s no better way to cap a long day of sightseeing than with a sumptuous meal at The Oak Room Restaurant. Consult our concierge for additional information on fun things to do in and around our San Francisco hotel.
- San Francisco Festivals & Events : San Francisco makes a festival out of a neighborhood to celebrate San Francisco’s diverse ethnic communities, from the Fiesta Filipina to Chinese New Year Parade to Oktoberfest. This list of San Francisco festivals and events, compiled by SanFrancisco.com editors, offers a festival for every San Francisco season.
- Oracle Park : Home of the San Francisco Giants. It’s the ballpark where home runs can be “splash hits” and the breathtaking Bay view rivals the action on the field. It’s where one of baseball’s most hallowed franchises plays inside an architectural landmark.
- Beach Blanket Babylon : Throughout the 41-year run of this over-the-top musical revue, Beach Blanket Babylon has become a true San Francisco institution. No aspect of pop culture is spared in this uproarious parody. Celebrating nearly 17,000 performances and seen by 6.5 million people from around the world, this internationally acclaimed production continues to delight audiences at Club Fugazi in San Francisco’s North Beach district with its spectacular costumes and outrageously gigantic hats!
- Audium : Experience the world’s only sound theater, where “sound sculptures” are formed using the undulating rhythms emitted from 169 specially designed speakers. Each performance – held every Friday and Saturday – takes place in darkness, allowing participants to hear, see and feel the complex world of sound.
- San Francisco Zoo : Introduce your kids to their animal instincts during your next family vacation. The San Francisco Zoo is home to over 250, and is open daily from 10am to 5pm.
- California Academy of Science : A Decade of Discovery – Celebrate the New Academy’s 10th anniversary. Explore and interact with the natural world from within the museum’s new sustainable structure, and discover just how fascinating our world really is.
- Alcatraz Island : Tour Alcatraz, the infamous and notorious former federal prison, which is home to the likes of Al Capone, George “Machine Gun” Kelley, and Robert “The Birdman” Stroud.
- Hamilton : Performance begins February 12 & play through September 8, 2019 – is the story of America’s Founding Father Alexander Hamilton, an immigrant from the West Indies who became George Washington’s right-hand man during the Revolutionary War and was the new nation’s first Treasury Secretary. Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B, and Broadway, HAMILTON is the story of America then, as told by America now.
The Premier Choice Of San Francisco Civic Center Hotels, For Downtown Events
Experience the grandeur of the past – coupled with contemporary luxury and style – at The Westin St. Francis. As a signature San Franciscan treasure, this landmark hotel has kept legendary watch over Union Square since 1904. Book your reservations at our San Francisco hotel online today for The Best Rates. Guaranteed.