SAN FRANCISCO GUIDE
Let Our Downtown Hotel Be Your Gateway to San Francisco
An iconic landscape of stunning landmarks and inexhaustible culture and nightlife, San Francisco offers far more than just the Golden Gate Bridge. Find yourself just a breathtaking cable car's ride from the Palace of Fine Arts, Nob Hill, the Filbert Steps, Market Street shopping or the cliffs of Lincoln Park. The Westin St. Francis on Union Square places the entire city at your fingertips.
Top 50 Things To Do In San FranciscoThe Westin’s San Francisco Top 50
San Francisco is one of the most diverse and unique urban regions in the country, with endless things to do and countless new destinations to explore at every turn. Browse some of our staff’s favorite sights and activities with our own list of the Top 50 Things to Do in San Francisco and get a head start now.
3. Savor a Dungeness crab dish or clam chowder in a sourdough bowl at Fisherman's Wharf.
4. Indulge your sweet tooth and delight in delicious chocolate and more at Ghirardelli Square.
5. Set out on a walking food tour through city neighborhoods from Avital Tours. -Jennifer Hrad, Credit Manager
6. Stroll down Haight Street and shop vintage clothing stores or exclusive boutiques.
7. Visit Fort Funston and watch the sky for hang gliders – or sign up for a tandem ride. - David Kirk, Concierge
8. Take in the beauty of the rooftop sculpture garden at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
9. Explore the best buildings in the city with a San Francisco Architecture Walking Tour.
10. Walk the 400 plus Filbert Street steps from the Embarcadero up to Telegraph Hill. -Anthony G. Rodriguez, Concierge
11. Set out for an unforgettable night at the theater with the American Conservatory.
12. Enjoy your favorite cocktail at the Cliff House, overlooking the Sutro Historic Landscape district. -Jessica Ramirez, Executive Meeting Specialist
15. Take a trip through the world’s strangest home at the Winchester Mystery House.
16. Rent bikes and ride to Tiburon for lunch out on Sam’s patio, and then take the ferry back.
17. Liven up your night with a dinner show that has a tranny twist, at Asia SF.
18. Indulge in a romantic San Francisco Bay dining cruise on a Hornblower Yacht.
19. Hike to the top of Mt Livermore on Angel Island, and then explore the Immigration House.
20. Savor an unforgettable, authentic Irish Coffee with a visit to the Buena Vista Café.
21. Hop on the Coit Tower elevator ride and take in 360 degree views from the top. -Anthony G. Rodriguez, Concierge
22. Visit one of the nation’s most iconic marvels, the breathtaking Golden Gate Bridge.
23. Enjoy an impromptu picnic lunch in many of the city’s rooftop gardens, available to the public.
24. Experience a piece of quintessential San Francisco with a ride on the Hyde Street Cable Car.
25. Embark on a visceral night tour of Alcatraz and watch the sun set beyond the bay.
26. Explore the Mission Murals, either on your own time or courtesy of SF City Guides.
27. Go on a Ghost Hunting Tour and uncover some of the city’s most timeless haunts.
28. Attend the Beach Blanket Babylon Show at Theater Fugazzy, and then dine at the Stinking Rose. -Senior Catering Sales Manager
29. Please your palate with something tempting and delicious at the SOMA Street Food Park.
30. Stroll the Farmer’s Market at the Ferry Building and stop by Blue Bottle Coffee before lunch. -Elaine Clancy, Director of Sales and Marketing
31. Stop by the TIX booth and take your chances on half price tickets to the latest shows.
32. Experience the night of your life with a mesmerizing show at the famed Trannyshack.
33. Embark on a full day of shopping at the pedestrian mall of Maiden Lane.
34. Head to North Beach for an afternoon cappuccino and a delicious cannoli.
35. Indulge in tempting and delectable Italian desserts at Dianda’s Italian American Pastry.
36. Hike the trails of Mt. Tam, leading up to the Pelican Inn or German Tourist Club for a savory bite. -Kirsten Guill, Hotel Manager
37. Take the BART over to Gourmet Ghetto in Berkeley – enjoy a slice of pizza and stroll the campus.
38. Immerse yourself in the vibrant character of Union Square for a night of shopping and dining.
39. Enjoy a “free” tour with SF City Guides all over the city, sponsored by SF Library.
40. See countless treasures and relics from Asia's storied past at the Asian Art Museum.
41. Hop on the trolley to explore the stylish shops and popular bars of the Castro.
42. Take the MUNI to Treasure Island and explore some urban wineries plus the Cooking Academy.
43. Live like a local and start off your day with a delectable breakfast at Mama's Restaurant.
44. Visit the Ferry Building for a unique culinary experience and take in the view of the bay. -Glenn Guinto, Concierge
45. Strap on your sea legs and take a refreshing dip in the Bay at Aquatic Park Cove.
46. Savor serenity with a relaxing stroll through the scenic landscape of Chrissy Fields.
47. Tour Anchor Steam brewery and discover some of the region’s best brews.
48. If you love seafood don’t miss Hog Island Oyster Company’s fabulous Oyster Stew. -Executive Assistant to Jon Kimball, General Manager & Kirsten Guill, Hotel Manager
49. Uncover beautiful, ancient traditions at the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park.
50. Explore the history of antique arcade machines at Musee Mecanique in Fisherman's Wharf.
Local AttractionsFabulous Attractions Surround Our San Francisco Hotel Near North Beach
The Grandest Of San Francisco Hotels Near AT&T Park
Experience the rich, colorful allure of turn-of-the-century San Francisco at The Westin St. Francis . Nestled in the heart of the city on Union Square, the elegant accommodations at this spectacular San Francisco hotel near Nob Hill have long served as the hub of social, theatrical, and business life since opening in 1904. Escape to a vibrant destination that is modern with "with a proud past". This is a celebrated oasis of living history and legend, where, just beyond our front door, cable cars pull to a convenient stop - waiting to take you to the Theatre District, world-class shopping, and dozens of superb restaurants, galleries, and museums. Visit our San Francisco hotel near Fisherman’s Wharf and enjoy access to a wealth of local treasures.
- Union Square (just outside)
- Cable Cars (at front door)
- AT&T Park (walking distance)
- Theatre District (1 block)
- Market Street (3 blocks)
- Nob Hill (4 blocks)
- Financial District (5 blocks)
- Moscone Center (5 blocks)
- Masonic Temple (5 blocks)
- Sony Metreon (6 blocks)
- Yerba Buena Gardens (6 blocks)
- Ferry Building (10 blocks)
- Civic Center (10 blocks)
- Transamerica Pyramid (1 mile)
- North Beach (1 mile)
- Gift Center/Showplace Square (1 mile)
- Lombard Street (1.5 miles)
- Fisherman's Wharf (2 miles)
- Mission Bay (2 miles)
- Golden Gate Bridge (4 miles)
- Monster Park (6 miles)
- Sausalito (10 miles)
Fabulous Attractions Surround Our San Francisco Hotel Near North Beach
Experience the grandeur of the past - coupled with contemporary luxury and style - at The Westin St. Francis. As a signature San Franciscan treasure, this landmark hotel has kept legendary watch over Union Square since 1904. Book your reservations at our San Francisco hotel near Civic Center online today for The Best Rates. Guaranteed.
Area EventsFantastic Events Near Our San Francisco AT&T Park Hotel
Fantastic Events Near Our San Francisco AT&T Park Hotel
Nestled in the heart of the city - the only hotel on Union Square -- The Westin St. Francis offers a legendary address for exploring the City by the Bay. Discover a wide range of exciting events near our AT&T Park hotel - including cable car tours, museum exhibits, theater, and live musical performances. And there's no better way to cap a long day of sightseeing than with a luxurious spa treatment or a sumptuous, three-course meal at our famous The Oak Room Restaurant or our award-winning BOURBON STEAK Restaurant. Consult our concierge for additional information on fun things to do in and around our San Francisco Civic Center hotel.
- Beach Blanket Babylon : Throughout the 34-year run of this over-the-top musical revue, Beach Blanket Babylon has become a true San Francisco institution. No aspect of pop culture is spared in this uproarious parody, where the only thing more outrageous than the comedy is the extravagance of the costumes.
- Tony n' Tina's Wedding : Tony and Tina are getting married, and you're invited to attend! During this interactive dinner comedy show, you'll take part in the couple's hilariously crazy wedding reception, where the love is strong and the laughs are long. Showing weekends at Castagnola's Restaurant on Fisherman's Wharf.
- Audium : Experience the world's only sound theater, where “sound sculptures” are formed using the undulating rhythms emitted from 169 specially designed speakers. Each performance – held every Friday and Saturday – takes place in darkness, allowing participants to hear, see and feel the complex world of sound.
- Ride the RocketBoat : Get a unique glimpse of San Francisco as you explore the city by RocketBoat, offering high-speed tours of the bay. These 30-minute tours whisk passengers past Alcatraz, the Bay Bridge, Treasure Island, AT&T Park and more. Operating from May through October from Pier 39.
- San Francisco Zoo : Introduce your kids to their animal instincts during your next family vacation. The San Francisco Zoo is home to over 250, and is open daily from 10am to 5pm.
- California Academy of Sciences : After years of anticipation, the new California Academy of Sciences is now open! Explore and interact with the natural world from within the museum's new sustainable structure, and discover just how fascinating our world really is.
The Premier Choice Of San Francisco Civic Center Hotels, For Downtown Events
Experience the grandeur of the past - coupled with contemporary luxury and style - at The Westin St. Francis. As a signature San Franciscan treasure, this landmark hotel has kept legendary watch over Union Square since 1904. Book your reservations at our San Francisco AT&T Park hotel online today for The Best Rates. Guaranteed.
Convention & EventsHost a productive corporate gathering at our prestigious San Francisco convention hotel.
Step outside the corporate dullness of business hotels, and experience the grand historic luxury of The Westin St. Francis San Francisco . Located just five blocks from the George Moscone Convention Center, this iconic destination – located directly on Union Square – will place the city’s corporate and cultural treasures right at your fingertips. In between seminars, workshops and other San Francisco convention events, take advantage of our location to enjoy a ride on a cable car, a visit to Alcatraz, or an evening at the theater. Or, indulge in our exquisite restaurants and lounges, all of which offer chic yet relaxing settings in which to unwind after a day of meetings. See why we’re the preferred choice of hotels near Moscone Convention Center, and enjoy exclusive rates for conventions and events.
Theater and EntertainmentCatch A Show At Our San Francisco Hotel
Catch A Show Near Our San Francisco Hotel
See what’s got Broadway buzzing and celebrate the season with some of the hottest shows to hit San Francisco. Watch as the epic tale of the Wizard of Oz comes to life on stage. From the award-winning comedy, The Book of Mormon to favorites like Beautiful, Porgy & Bess, Pippin and Once, San Francisco is your ticket to the best of Broadway.
For the best seats in the house, please call The Westin St. Francis at 415-397-7000 and ask to speak with the Concierge Desk for assistance with ticket arrangements.
Terms & Conditions: The Concierge is happy to arrange for your ticket purchase with the theater, or if necessary, a third party. A credit card will be required at the time of purchase.
- SHN: The Official site of Broadway in San Francisco
- American Conservatory Theater (0.1 miles)
- Curran Theater (0.1 miles)
- Metreon (Sony Entertainment Center) (6 blocks)
- Orpheum Theatre (0.5 miles)
- Davies Symphony Hall (1 mile)
The Premier Choice Of San Francisco Civic Center Hotels, For Downtown Events
Experience the grandeur of the past - coupled with contemporary luxury and style - at The Westin St. Francis. As a signature San Franciscan treasure, this landmark hotel has kept legendary watch over Union Square since 1904. Book your reservations at our San Francisco theatre hotel online today for The Best Rates. Guaranteed.