Scene & Heard At Our San Francisco Historical Hotel
From the stage and screen to the White House and throne, The Westin St. Francis is the place where notable personalities are “Scene and Heard.” Historic gatherings in the dining rooms, ballrooms and suites of this Union Square historical hotel have been a regular occurrence for more than a century. Whether spending the night, dining or attending a special event at the hotel, guests at our San Francisco historical hotel might share company with Hollywood stars and entertainers, poets, playwrights, artists, sports figures and even the President of the United States.
- Barack Obama visiting the hotel for a fundraiser
- Nancy Pelosi celebrating her one-year anniversary as the first woman Speaker
- Cybill Shepherd visiting the hotel while in San Francisco performing in the play, “The Curvy Widow.
- Shirley Temple , famous child film star stays at the St. Francis in 1939
- United Nations Delegate Banquet is held in the Colonial Room in 1945
- General Douglas MacArthur arrives in 1951 to a crowd of thousands
- Louis Armstrong and his band rehearse and relax at the St. Francis in 1962
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower visits in 1962 with US VP Richard M. Nixon
- Chronicle Columnist Herb Caen celebrates the re-opening of the English Grill
- Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and her party stay in the Presidential Suite
- Dwight Clark and Joe Montana of the San Francisco 49ers relax at Dewey’s
- First Lady Nancy Reagan is the honored guest of the Third Annual PROS FOR KIDS
- Don Johnson lives in the six-bedroom Chairman’s Suite for one year in 1997
- President Bill Clinton is welcomed to a memorable stay at the St. Francis in 1998